Monday, July 25, 2011

Roulette computer update

I've done more testing of the latest roulette computer mods. With one exception, it is perfect as far as I can tell. What I found is more a misconfiguration, not a bug. It is being corrected but I don't yet know when - likely tonight. We are talking about something very minor like one line of code, like a plus where there should be a minus so it is not a difficult thing.

I am aware people are waiting for the computer. I am aware of people wanting to make travel arrangements to play. I am aware that people are eager to get moving. But I am doing everything I can to move things along quicker. Understand the issue is that the programmer no longer works full time for me. He struggles to find the time to fix even small issues. It is not as simple as getting a new programmer because it will take someone new a long time just to understand the source codes, and even then they are far more likely to make mistakes and changes that adversely affect the rest of the software. So it is better to "bust the programmer's balls" to get things done. I understand and appreciate how eager everyone is, but busting my balls, figuratively speaking, wont help.

Remember, what needs to be fixed is very minor and it should be done tonight. Either way I'm expecting to be able to ship this week, but keep in mind it is mostly out of my hands.