Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Good and bad news

The good news: Firstly after hours of testing, I've been unable to achieve any crashes with the wireless version. It looks like all issues are finally resolved. Although because the devices are remarkably complex, it is possible something may have been missed, so I rely on players to keep me informed of any issues they encounter. I shipped a few of the phones today - if you have been shipped, you will have been notified.

The bad news: Ok this part isn't easy. While all purchasers now have their roulette computers (or just been shipped), remaining partners will have to wait a little bit longer. Why? Because my technician just informed me he has too much other work to finish on time - at this stage, a load of phones are sitting half finished. Before you contact me venting your frustration (which I understand), be assured this situation gets under my skin a lot more than it does yours. I've expressed to the technician that if he can't complete them on time that I will need to find another contractor. The problem with this though is that it will take 1-2 weeks to find someone new, another week for them to get acquainted with what needs to be done, and another week or two to actually complete the job and that's even if they had no other work to complete. And on top of that, there's always the chance the technician does a poor job. The current technician is highly skilled which is why he's in such high demand, but it also means we are subject to his schedule and workload. So the best option is to just push the technician as much as possible, and wait.

I have expressed to him that we agreed that phones would be ready by now - I've had a "hissy fit" with him, but it does not change the situation. Likewise, it will not change the situation even remotely if you contact me to express your discontent. Understand I am in this too - I've had to manage loads of stock and partners, while balancing testing of latest versions and equally as busy technicians.

So when will the next batch of phones be ready? He says two weeks or sooner. That's all I have to go on. You can bet that I'll be contacting him regularly to make sure progress is being made, and that's he's aware of the situation. Again I appreciate the continued patience of partners who are waiting, as painful as this is.