Monday, October 28, 2013

Roulette Computer Demonstrations - Travel Expense Reimbursements

A few people have recently asked when I'll next conduct a group public demo of the roulette computers. These are the demos where anyone can attend for any reason, whether or not you intend to purchase. At this stage I don't intend to do another one, and you can see a video recording of a group demo at http://www.roulettecomputers.com/video-demos/.
 
However, private demonstrations can be done if you have intent to purchase. While visiting is ideal, it may be inconvenient for you because of the distance. This is why I conduct the live webcam demos, so you can see whatever you need "live", without needing to visit.
 
In cases where you travel to me, for larger purchases I may reimburse you for your travel expenses, whether or not you purchase. If you do purchase, I typically reduce the amount paid for the equipment. If you don't purchase, I pay you directly. However, I'm confident you'll like what you see.
 
For example, you may want to visit me to see the $30,000 Two-player Uber, but you don't want to spend $3,000 or so for the airfares, accommodation and food, especially since you aren't sure if you'll purchase. But if you invest the time and money to visit me in the first place, then I'm confident you are a serious purchaser, and I may agree to reimburse you (in part or full) whether or not you purchase.
 
Of course it is possible that people may take advantage of this arrangement for a "free holiday". But I don't think anyone has or likely will. For one thing, visitors initially spending their own money and risk me not keeping promises. I know I keep promises, but visitors still take the risk.
 
Again these arrangements are made on a case by case basis. And they are subject to some conditions. For example, I request that you provide your flight itinerary and invoices that are verified, and reside at the conference center where demonstrations are conducted.
 
Generally I'm flexible with arrangements. Vistors want a computer that beats modern wheels and not to fly 20 hours for nothing, and I don't want to waste a day for nothing. So if these kind of issues concern you, contact me to discuss.