Friday, October 18, 2013

JAA Bug Reports

If you are still experiencing issues with JAA (other than for spin import), I need you to send me a report that I can forward to the programmer. You must write it in a way that I can just forward him what you send me. Guideline for reports is below:
 
Title of the problem (A few words to explain what the problem is about, eg. "Spin Import")
 
Description of the problem: What happens that is wrong, and exact steps to reproduce the error. Include a numbered step-by-step instructions and screenshots. ie:
 
1. click this,
2. click that,
3. enter this, then click that etc etc.
 
How it should be: Specify what you expect should be the correct behavior of the software.
 
When I report issues with programmers, this is the format I follow. In many cases, what is perceived to be a bug is just misunderstanding of software application.
 
Anyway as explained on the forum, one of the reasons I'm creating new JAA software from scratch is because so many programmers worked on the original version that it just became a jungle of source code and is very difficult for any programmer to understand, which makes adding features to it very time consuming and difficult. So everything is being re-coded to make it cleaner, then we can have a cleaner interface, simpler application and overall a better experience for everyone. It is almost done except a few minor issues.