Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Writing Clearly!

Much of the questions players are asking are still unclear. This makes responding much more time consuming and difficult than it needs to be. Often I will spend a few minutes reading and re-reading a sentence, trying to make sense of it when it should take 5 seconds. When this happens for numerous sentences and emails, I end up wasting an hour each day, which to me is a lot of time. There are many other things that are taking my time that shouldn't be.
 
Please understand I'm just one person, and I need to allocate my time to the priority tasks. To help players get support in a timely manner, there is the forum and the knowledge base with in the forum, so please use them. And very importantly, when you ask a question either on the forum or in an email, make what you want to know A1 crystal clear. Do not write extremely long sentences. Keep it simple and direct.
 
Most players already help me by doing this, but from now on when I receive questions or information that is simply not clear, I will request you to clarify things and resend your email. In advance I apologize as it may be "annoying", but it is necessary to ensure quality support for all players.