Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hybrid V3, Induction Loops and General update

Hybrid V3: Again all that's left to do is the mobile phone programming part. But I need a new programmer for this. My focus is mostly on finding the right developers for the work. It is literally only about 1-2 weeks of coding left for it to be complete, but having to find an additional programmer takes a long time especially for this kind of work. We really need people that know what they are doing or they may waste weeks just trying to understanding the existing code. I did have a programmer set a short while ago, but he didn't like the complexity of the code despite initially assuring me it wouldn't be a problem. Nevertheless I expect to have chosen another developer by mid next week. At the very least all the difficult coding and development is already done and working better than I even hoped for.
 
Induction Loops: You may recall earlier batches were easily "blown" if you put the battery in the wrong way. It seems the newer batch still has this problem. So for anyone who needed new loops, I'll send two of the older ones which work perfectly fine, unless you put the battery in the wrong way. So don't do it, and carefully check how you put the battery in (the polarity)! Nevertheless I've ordered 100 loops with the vulnerability properly addressed.
 
General update: Most of my time is being taken up by communicating with programmers either for JAA, Hybrid V3 or other projects. So I'll be on Skype a lot, but I'll be unable to chat much to anyone but programmers. If you see me online it is ok to ask a quick question, but by quick I mean quick. I do not want to appear rude or abrupt, but when 20 people each want only 5 minutes of my time, a large chunk of the day is used. Believe me I'm prioritising tasks so issues for the most people possible are addressed.