Thursday, January 2, 2014

General update

I'm back to work. By the end of today I'll send all access codes and address the most urgent matters. A few other points below:
 
Hybrid V3: One of the programmers hired an assistant and believes he can be finished by early next week. I doubt it though. I'm more focusing on the new programmers who are making rapid and regular progress – they are far more reliable and again, I've been working with them for years on other projects and they've never let me down.
 
New JAA: Over the holidays the programmer coded some additions but they are not visible to users. The mods slightly increase accuracy of analysis, but soon he'll start work on an important addition that reduces the amount of time you need for spin collection. This particular mod is the one that dramatically increases the server load because it cross-references all the data (permutations). With the original JAA version, one analysis of 300-600 spins could have taken 45 seconds or more. But changes and better coding will make it run much faster. Also please remember I'll be closing the other JAA software in a few days. So you wont be able to access it at all soon.
 
By the end of tomorrow I should be reasonably up to date on emails, but please don't re-send emails if I'm not.
 
I'll be going away for a few days in around 2 weeks, but I'll give notice of this later when I know actual dates.