Monday, November 18, 2013

Hybrid V3 & New JAA Version

Hybrid V3: There are only a few minor issues remaining until it can be used, but one of the developers slowed work due to personal issues. I spoke with him this morning and discussed the matter with partners. As he has a reduced capacity to work and we can't accept further delays, I'm hiring an additional programmer to fix the remaining issues while continuing to pay the other developer, the point of which is one will finish before the other. I've done this before and don't like doing it but I'm sure everyone will agree its all gone on long enough. As painful as it is for some people, it is far worse for me. This will probably be the last large development project for me for perhaps a decade, except for the v4 (hybrid on mobile phone). These last issues should only be a few days of coding at most once the new programmer learns the source code, or we may be finished about mid this week with the other programmer.
 
New JAA Version: I've tested the latest version and only found one minor issue that occurs with 00 wheels. Everything else appears perfect. The issue will be fixed within 24hrs, then I'll give the software a full test. Assuming there are no further issues, it should be available to players by around mid this week. As I have mentioned previously, the reason we're building jaa from the ground up again is because the older version became so complex with messy code, that further work on it became very difficult for any new programmer that took over the project. This made adding new parts to it very difficult and costly. So the new jaa version will start with the basics, then more features and pattern types will be added over time. The developer already began work on the extra parts.